What’s all the buzz about Electro Acupuncture for horses?
Electro Acupuncture uses dry needles to conduct small painless electrical impulses to muscle and nerve tissue causing mild contractions. This treatment is beneficial for muscle atrophy, nerve injury and degeneration, and sore muscles (especially backs). The muscle contraction is not painful or stressful for the horse.
The treatment speeds healing by:
- Increasing lymph drainage
- Increasing blood supply
- Reducing adema and swelling
- Decreasing lactic acid build-up
All of this results in:
- Decreased pain and inflammation
- Increased range of motion
- Speeding muscle rehabilitation
Below is a demonstration of Electro Acupuncture by Dr. Mark DePaolo: