All Natural Paw Balm
This time of year is ruff on your best friend’s paws. Frozen ground, anti-freeze, salt and synthetic de-icers can be very harmful. Here is a recipe for an all natural balm to help your doggie’s paws.
Paw Balm Recipe:
- 3 oz Beeswax (Forms a protective barrier on the skin)
- 3 TBSP Coconut Oil (Antibacterial and moisturizing)
- 3 TBSP Calendula Oil (Strong soothing properties)
- Avocado Oil (Great moisturizer)
- A Few Drops of Essential Oil (optional)
Melt the above ingredients together over medium heat. Add a few drops of essential oils if you wish. Lavender or Tea Tree are great scents. Once the mixture has all melted together pour into small glass jar, plastic lid, or tin and let cool. You can also use muffin tins with paper cups or silicone molds to create a “bar” to use. Once the mixture has cooled to room temperature it will be hard. Before your dog goes outside rub the bottom of his paws on the top of the balm. Make sure to get all of his pads protected!